Friday, June 10, 2016

A dream vacation!

My husband and I went on a cruise in May to the Southern Caribbean and it was wonderful!  I keep meaning to blog about it, but haven't had the chance.  I thought I'd post a few pictures.  Some are on a disposable camera which I haven't picked up yet, and some are on my digital camera.  I haven't had much time to upload them.

This was my view for 7 nights!



We started out in San Juan, Puerto Rico and sailed to St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and Barbados.  I've been to St. Maarten a couple of times and I love it.  We went on an excursion to Orient Beach.  It has changed quite a bit from many years ago.  My husband and I were the only two people on the beach way back when!  Crazy.  It is a gorgeous beach!  We enjoyed the water and the view.

On St. Kitts, we went on a "swim with the dolphins" excursion.  I never thought I would do this in my lifetime.  I'm kind of skittish of anything like fish, snakes, rodents, even cats and dogs.  I love animals from a distance, but not at my feet.  I'm so happy I had the guts to sign up and go!  The dolphin shook hands with us, gave us a smooch, laid in our arms, took us for a ride on his belly, and pushed us on a boogie board.  I was afraid to get the water in my mouth so the photos are pretty funny.  It's one item crossed off my bucket list!

I would have to say my favorite island from this trip was Barbados.  Again, we went on a beach excursion and the water and sand were gorgeous!  And who would complain with unlimited rum punch drinks?!














2 comments:

Marlene said...

Thanks for sharing you vacation photos! I would love to visit the islands and swim with the dolphins! Your hair looks fabulous even in the water!

Michelle Quinno said...

Thanks, Marlene!! You're so kind...my hair was horrible!!