Monday, September 01, 2014

PPA 217

I needed a fairly quick birthday card that wasn 't too bulky for mailing.  I made this simple one with Sweet Taffy dsp (#133693).  I really love this paper since it uses all of my favorite brights - Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry.

I used Melon Mambo for the base and Daffodil Delight for the panel.  I decided to use my Melon Mambo embossing powder with the Starburst Sayings stamp set & die, and then decided to add the Tempting Turquoise starburst and Daffodil Delight candy dots.  I still feel like I should have something beneath the starbursts but I usually try to stick with the sketch.  Thanks for looking and commenting!  I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!  I can't believe summer is over.  :-(





5 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Oh, Michelle-- that's so funny! I almost used that paper instead!! We think alike ;-)

Michelle Quinno said...

That would have been hilarious, Patti!

Windy Ellard said...

Such a fun card and I love the candy dots placement! Thanks for joining the Pals sketch challenge this week.

Rae said...

So bright and bold. Love it! Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, love those vibrant colors!