Friday, April 04, 2014

A Wedding card

Last weekend I was at my friend's house for a crop and I mentioned that I needed to make a wedding card.  She went into her room and pulled out these two stamps by Morning Star and gave them to me.  She is so incredibly generous! 

I took them home and went to work.  It wasn't easy.  I've seen these bride/groom hearts before but they weren't stamped.  I decided to emboss the tux in black and didn't know what to do with the bride.  I finally decided the palest of pink would work for the background.  Then I put White Diamond embossing powder on that (Judikins, I believe).  Then I added the rhinestones. 

I knew I wanted to use this cute sentiment set from Stampin' Up!  It's in the Petite Pairs set (product#122497).  I use this set a lot!  It took me a while, but I finally came up with this design.  I used the Framelits Hearts dies (product #125599).

Anyway, it was really hard to photograph but I think the bride will like it.  The wedding is tomorrow and I'm excited to be seeing my husband's family for a happy occasion for a change.

Hope you have a great weekend! 


This is a better photo of the embossing

No comments: