Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge 181

I don't think I was meant to do this challenge!  I wasn't happy with my first card so I started over.  I was just about through with this one when I realized that I glued the pieces on the main card base upside down!  I didn't have time to make a third so I pulled out some waxed dental floss, got it off and adhered it the right way!

I used Cajun Craze for the base, Midnight Muse and Brown Sugar C'ordinations.  I used a hexagon embossing folder and sanded it.  I don't have the chevron punch but I plan on purchasing that soon!  I ended up using a corner punch instead.I used the Gorgeous Grunge set for the coffee spills and the birthday sentiment is from Express Yourself.   This is one of my new sets.  I love sentiment stamps!  I also used one of my favorite products, a candy dot in Cajun Craze.

I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving!  My hubby and I cook for our two boys, my daughter-in-law and three year old granddaughter.  It's very laid back and relaxing!  I will be baking a bunch of pies for a gathering we are hosting on Friday for my husband's family.  It will be fun too, but a lot of work.  I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving!






5 comments:

Erika Trowell said...

Wow, I am getting so many trick ideas by checking out the other websites from this challenge! I'll have to write down the dental floss trick! I've done that too many times.

Rae said...

Great Guy Card! You really made the honeycomb stand out. Thank you for playing with the Pals this week.

Ginger said...

The honeycomb is so effective! Love it. Thanks for playing with the PPA this week.

Just a Thought... said...

Love the honeycomb!! Really stands out!!! Fabulous job on the card!! Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!!!

None None said...

Love the honeycomb background and your chevron - so cool to use a different kind of punch for the textured effect that you have!