Saturday, August 22, 2009

A challenge from my friend....

My friend, Tracy, is such a fun person. She is incredibly generous and she makes me chuckle. She emails me just about daily and tells me a funny story and also listens to my complaining. Things have not been fun lately (house) and I really need the laughs. I would be lost without her emails! Did I tell you that we've never met in person? We are online friends until some day when I can fly to her state and visit or meet up somewhere else!

So I got home to a nice package in the mail from Tracy. I was so excited to see all the things she stuffed into that envelope. There was a beautiful card she made, bunches of brads (I'm a bradaholic), a cute moose stamp that I hid from my hubby so I can make an anniv. card for him, some images of a corset that you saw in one of my previous posts. She stamped the corsets on funky printed paper and said it was my challenge.

We lost cable today after a nasty thunderstorm so that means no internet, tv, telephone for a while. I started cutting out a corset and put together this card. It was so nice to have that distraction!! I thought the oval sort of resembled a mirror. I used SU cs in Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi and I think that may be Bravo Burgundy. Weird combo but I think it worked with the paper. I painted the flowers with celery Shimmerz.

Anyway, Tracy, I treasure your friendship, even if it's only online. Thank you SO much for the fun package!! You're the best! And I hate to tell you this but you never bore me to tears so keep on typin'! LOL


5 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

Wow, that is really fun to get a package and make something-I love the shimmerz on the flowers and the corsets are so pretty-I would not have ever thought of those for stamps, but you have done some really cute cards!

How is your mom doing? I will keep her in good thoughts.

Mary C said...

This card came out wonderful Michelle. The corsett looks great on this DP. How nice of your friend to send you a surprize package! I love to Shimmer flowers, yours look great!
We didn't lose our power, it sure did rain though. Great job on this card.

Chef Gaynol said...

I love the colors on this! The corset is adorable, I think the colors remind me of fall. I love the sparkly flowers too.

Peggy said...

Wow! What a cute card! I love the corset cut out of the paper! I have a corset and would never think of that!

maia said...

You really did great with the challenge! I would've found it really difficult to work with a corset. ;-)

Great job as always!