Thursday, February 26, 2009

I finally managed...

I don't cook on Wed. nights. I made that my night off. Everyone (all three of us adults) are on our own. My hubby usually makes himself salmon. I don't cook or eat fish. Yuck!

Anyway, I didn't even eat right away. I rushed down to my room and started making a get well for my friend. She's a very bright and colorful person so that's why I chose the colors I did. I used an old set of SU dps (forget the name). The cs is SU Old Olive and Cool Carribbean, odd combo, I know. I always have trouble matching up the orange in this paper. It's not Pumpkin Pie and it's not Only Orange. I also tried Groovy Guava but that wasn't it either. I gave up. I did a little bit of sponging and I know that's probably out but I prefer it over all white. Not my best but here it is.
























After that I went about trying to figure out what kind of card to make for my cousin who just got engaged. I had a hard time because my usual engagement congrats is either two hearts tied together or "A toast to you" with champagne glasses. I did this for his sister and didn't want to repeat. So....after all that chatter, here's my card. I made it very muted because it reminds me of them - very neat and classic, not bold and colorful. Do you do this when you make cards? I obsess over what the person is like and what they would want. Crazy! (used the new SU dps from SAB, Kraft cs and ribbon because I didn't have Sahara Sand. Congrats is CTMH, glitter flowers are Heidi Swapp, pearls are Hero Arts.


7 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

They are both really cute cards.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Cute cute cards! That penguin is adorable, and that congrats card is simply beautiful. So classy :)

Peggy said...

These are so cute. I love the Congratulations card. The flowers look great!

Pia said...

Michelle,
Great job on both cards. That congrats card can be used for anything, great layout.

I was disappointed with the black pants, who would think he would even own black pants!

Linda Murphy said...

I cooked salmon for dinner on Wednesday-a little too blackened that's about the only fish I will eat besides shellfish.

I like the cards and it looks like you did well matching the orange. The flowers are so pretty-they look sparkly.

Chef Gaynol said...

I love the penguin! They're both really cute but a penguin on crutches, really, really cute!

Theresa said...

the hurt penguin is so cute, you just feel the pain and want them to get better.
I like the no cooking night- but I have that more times than I care to admit.