Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A card and a question...

I made a few (6?) cards today. Basically I put together several. I made the pieces yesterday. I'm just about treed out! I made pieces for at least 20 tree cards, maybe more like 30. I'm just trying to experiment and see which one I like the best.

Anyway, I just took a break from the traditional Christmas colors to make this little marshmallow in non-traditional colors.

Which do you prefer for a Christmas card? The usual red & green/blue & silver or the newer non-traditional pinks and pretty light blues? I personally love both but I do lean toward the non-traditional these days. I made a bunch in navy, kiwi and silver that I like. I will tell you that I really do not like orange one bit! SU came out with some paper that's orange and I just don't like it for Christmas. Hopefully I'm not offending anyone, just my humble opinion.

I used SU Baja Breeze cs, Bazzill in some kind of pink (thanks, Linda!), Copic markers, stickles in Icicle, Amuse ribbon (love that stuff) and Stampendous sparkly dots(?). I believe the sentiment is also Amuse. Ooops, I also used a Cuttlebug background that my friend Mary gave me a while ago. Love that!


9 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

I like orange, but I don't see it as a Christmasy color either. I like your little marshmallow guy and breaking out of the traditional colors. I love red and silver together and I also like blue and silver for the holidays too. I guess anything with silver would make me happy!

Sounds like you are being very productive! We are going to have our photos taken this weekend for holiday cards, so I hope to get cracking on ours too.

Chef Gaynol said...

I'm really loving the non-traditional colors this year. I love the pink marshmallow snow man. Too pretty!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Cute snowman! I must admit though, that I'm an old fuddy-duddy and I really just like the traditional colors. I'm not into pastels or light colors for Christmas. Or any other time, for that matter! I like rich colors and vibrant colors, and as horrible as it is, my two favorite colors year round are red and green. Different shades and for different things, but those are my favorite colors. I'm weird, I know :)

P.S. Wow, you're a card making machine! :)

Paula said...

LOVE the card...he's sooo cute! I'm a non-traditional kind of gal...I mean come on...I use pink and black as Christmas colors! (wink!)

Theresa said...

I with you- orange is out.

Although I am a more traditional, red/green silver gold type of christmas card person, put a cute snowman (oops snow person) on it and the light blue looked very Christmassy to me.

These cards must be wearing you out- I came for my bi-weekly visit ready to catch up on all the Michelle going on's and I only had one entry to read-but then again I am one to talk with my now weekly blog.

Anonymous said...

I like red/green combo and also blue/silver. I think its lovely (non-traditional colors) on cards but I'm sure I will not decorate with this color scheme.

Angie said...

Love the marshmallow card - too cute. I also like the new photo of you on blogger.

Kristen said...

Very cute snowman card. I didn;t know you decided to go with copics. I love them!

Pia said...

Michelle,
I like all the cards you made so I am not much help. I am going with green and maroon for my cards. I am just starting so we will see. I love the marshmallow man, I think I bought him twice!