Friday, September 07, 2007

Not enough coffee in the a.m.?

Ok, I'm still laughing about what happened in my parking lot at work. We have a gate/card scan system for faculty/staff. A lot of times students get frustrated when they don't find parking in their lot and they drive through the gate. So when I drove up this a.m., the gate was broken. I wasn't surprised since it was the first week of classes and they just don't know where to go.

I drove in without using my card, parked and walked toward the street which is past the gate. I watched as 3, yes 3 employees drove up, dug for their id (first of all, why aren't they ready when they get there?), scanned the card and drove in when the stump of a gate lifted! I was trying to contain my laughter as I was walking across the street toward my building. Just had to share. Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Too funny! But, I guess they're "trained" to do the right thing, which isn't such a bad thing in itself.

On the flip side, I'd hate to see the car of the student who took out that gate :)

Michelle said...

Funny story. People are such creatures of habit!