Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ugh....what a headache...

I was told to go home yesterday afternoon. It took me about 20 minutes but I finally caved.

I went out at lunch and read on a bench in the shade. When I went to go back into the building, the signs were blurry. I kept walking up to the 5th fl. and back to my desk. Everyone's faces were blurry as if I were reading with no glasses on. Weird. So I grabbed some Advil right away. The pain came shortly after. So...got home around 5 and laid in bed for 1/2 hr. and my youngest came in to ask if he and his friend could "jam".....Ugh....I said sure. I put ear plugs on, rested more and then my oldest son came for band practice. I gave up, went downstairs and stayed on the couch the rest of the night.

I've never experienced the blurriness before. I've had the squiggles but not this. So this morning I left for work feeling pretty good. Got here and I have the pain back. My vision is clear though. I took some migraine meds and feel a little better but it's still in the back of my eyes. I have to be better for tomorrow. I'm off because my dh is having knee surgery. I hope I can read my book!!

I started The Highest Tide (forget the author right now). It's pretty good so far. Takes place in Puget Sound and it's all about the ocean, told by a 13 yr. old insomniac/braniac. Later!

5 comments:

Hafeeza said...

Hi....i hope everything is better now and the headaches go away.
if i were you i'd check out the symptoms with a doctor.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Gosh, that sounds awful! I've had a couple of headaches before that I have always thought were migraine like - where it hurts to much to be around light and noise. I've never had the blurriness though...are you going to go get it checked out?

Hope you're feeling tons better now and your hubby's surgery goes well. Happy Reading :)

Jodi said...

Many *hugs* and prayers Michelle! That sounds scary! I too would have it checked out. I hope you are feeling better today!!

Stop by, I have an award for you!

*hugs*
♥ Jodi

Jodi said...

Yep, post away on your blog!! And you can award it to anyone you want, if you choose!!

Good luck with the hubby's surgery!

Anonymous said...

I've had the blurry vision several times now and it's always been when my blood pressure was way up there. My high blood pressure is caused by the mass pushing on my kidneys...before I got the mass I always had low blood pressure.

I hope your feeling better now, but please promise to get checked if it doesn't go away just to be sure it's nothing serious.

Big Hugs, Kimi