Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend

Well, it was fun. Friday, my boss let me out early so we were able to get the food shopping done and go home and relax. The girls and I had a blast in Portsmouth on Sat. We went to my cousin's condo and then downtown for lunch at the Blue Claw and then shopping. It was really good to spend some quality cousin/aunt time!

Sunday I was pretty lazy. I haven't been sleeping well due to hot flashes at night so I cleaned up the house, went on the treadmill and while I was all sweaty, I put my bathing suit on and went on the patio out back for some sun. It was such a beautiful day that I decided to enjoy it! Wow! It was really hot in the sun so I only stayed out for an hour. Then after I showered and all that, I decided to sit out with my hubby and enjoy the shade on the patio. It was GORGEOUS! Perfect temperature. I was able to read a lot in my book, "Memoirs of a Geisha." Grilled steak tips/veggies for dinner and went into the "shop" as my hubby calls it.

My cousin asked me to make some monogrammed cards for her daughter to use as thank yous. The aunties and her grammy spoil her with gifts all the time so she wanted some nice cards to give them. I made about 4 Sat. night and 3 or 4 more last night. I think Olivia will like them. She's 7 or 8 yrs. old, I think. She said her favorite colors were light pink, light purple, light green ("like your shirt" which was seafoam), and light blue. Girls are so easy!!

Today should be another crazy day so I decided to post early before chaos begins!!!!

No comments: