Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Daily Commute....

Is it just me, or do you feel like you know each person on your daily route? I leave for work at the same time every day. Along the way, I see the same people. It's mostly when I get to the city. I see this little girl at the bus stop all by herself and it bothers me that her mom isn't with her. She comes out of this apartment and walks up a 1/2 block and waits. I would never let my little girl wait by herself there. Maybe I shouldn't judge because I don't know her family situation but I worry about her.

Then I see a young mom with her daughter waiting for the city bus. I feel bad that they don't have a car and have to wait in snow and rain for the bus. I always see them hugging and laughing and talking and I think what a great mom she must be. I saw them in the grocery store one day and thought I knew her from somewhere and then realized it was the bus stop mom. Today I saw her and she cut her long curly hair very short and had it straightened. She's a pretty woman and it looks great on her. I commented to my husband (he was driving me today) that she got her hair cut and he asked who she was. I told him I see her every day and feel like I know her!

Then I see this older (maybe 60's) woman who walks every day. I'm not sure how far she has to walk to work but it's at least a couple of miles or more. Depending on what time I leave, I see her in different spots, during rain, sleet, snow. I am always going the opposite way, otherwise I'd be very tempted to stop and give her a ride. My heart breaks that she has to walk so far to work.

I hope this doesn't sound strange. I'm just wondering if others have the same daily observances.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow!! How observant are you! I wonder if I would notice things like that if I went out every morning.